Thursday, February 2, 2012

My fellow lover of Justice.

Like I mentioned before, my friend, Tristan LaFave is doing this dress experiment with me. I am so thankful to have a friend who is like-minded and has a beautiful passion for seeing injustice come to an end. She also has a blog, which you can read here.

In her first post, Tristan talked about how not having to choose what to wear every day is bringing her freedom. She doesn't have to waste time thinking about what to wear, what other people will think, and other insecurities. This got me thinking about how much time I spending on thinking about things that don't really matter. "Your kingdom come, your will be done. (Matthew 6)" That is what matters. Loving God and loving others with all my heart. That is what matters. I am challenged. How much could change if instead of thinking about these worthless things, we "set our mind on things above (Colossians 3) and pray about things that really matter? Like seeing injustice come to an end.

1 comment: