Thursday, February 2, 2012

More Thoughts on Day 2

I was made aware that I'm not allowed to wear writing on my clothes at school, so I am no longer wearing the "Do Justice" shirt at school. I will just wear my plain black shirt with my button at school and then wear the "Do Justice" shirt in places outside of school.

More of my coworkers asked about my dress today, and everyone who I've shared it with has liked the idea. I was debating about whether I wanted to send out a staff email and invite my coworkers to read my blog. I think I was a little nervous that they would think I'm weird. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that I really shouldn't care. This year, I've been thinking a lot about the verse, Luke 14:26, which says, "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters--yes, even his own life--he cannot be my disciple." My allegiance is to Jesus. As a Christian, my number one priority should be following Jesus and doing what he wants me to do, even if my own family would turn their back on me for it. Jesus did some pretty radical things in his day that caused a lot of raised eyebrows, weird looks, and even anger. I am called to live like Jesus did here on earth in order to bring his kingdom here and now. What does a few weird looks matter in light of eternity? 


I was already planning to share my Thailand trip pictures with my coworkers, so I'm going to send out an email inviting them to that (in two weeks). I will also share my blog with them. I really am enjoying talking about this whole experiment and sharing my passions with those around me. 


Here's a picture of me on day 2 with my fellow dress-wearer and lover of justice, Tristan LaFave. 
We're smiling for world peace. =)

In other news, I have been trying to look for a children's book on human trafficking and I haven't been able to find one. I got challenge to write one on my own. I just might do that. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment