Friday, February 10, 2012

Daisies and sunshine....kind of.

As I walked around the lunch room tables today, a bunch of students asked about my pin. The biggest question was "Are you washing your clothes?" I told them I hadn't yet. I asked a couple of students what they thought of that. Some told me it was weird or a little gross. I told them that people living in poverty don't have the choice whether or not they want to be dirty a lot of times. I hope it helps them think about those that are less fortunate.

One of my favorite first graders told me I smelled like daisies and sunshine and gave me a big hug. Ha. I'm still not sure yet if I'll wash my clothes.

1 comment:

  1. We are nearly 40% of the way through this month. Let's smell like daisies and sunshine until the end. I will hug you.

    ReplyDelete