Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Day 7. Changed Lives.

Yesterday, I had lunchroom duty yesterday. As I was walking past one of the second grade tables, one of the the second graders asked me about my button. Before I could respond, one of the sisters of my students excitedly responded, "It says Day 6 for Joy and Bo. She's doing it for kids in Thailand who have to wear the same thing everyday." I told them she was right.

Wow. That really blessed me and made me realize the impact that I can have on my students. They hear what I tell them and they now have the knowledge to change the world too. Really exciting.

Yesterday, I also had the privilege of having dinner with Angela Ruhland, the director of Pattaya Slum Ministries, and her soon-to-be husband, Thearith. They have such beautiful hearts and are excited about what God is doing in Pattaya.

Here is a picture of Angela and Aom. Aom is a 19 year old girl whose life was changed because of Pattaya Slum Ministries.

Here's what has been going on with Aom in the past year:
"The PSM cycle of ministry has come full circle. One of our former jewelry artisans – Aom – has completed her DTS and has started as full-time staff with PSM. Aom began working with our jewelry project as an artisan in 2009, and she came to know the Lord through the love and the family atmosphere she found here. Aom said that through observing the hearts of PSM staff, she began to desire more change in her own life. Wanting to know more of who God is, she decided to do the Fall 2011 DTS in Bangkok.
 
Aom said during DTS she grew in knowledge of God, his character and how his love can flow in and through her. She’s excited to join the PSM team, and said she sees the entirety of her life as outreach – serving others and serving God. At PSM she will be assisting with planning and leading kids programs in the slum communities.
 
Join us in praying for Aom as she continues to transition into her new role. Pray for wisdom, for adjustment from the DTS and for her to find friends and community in Pattaya."

Please pray for Aom. Pray for more lives to be transformed like hers. 
If you have any questions about Pattaya Slum Ministries and how you can support and pray for them, please let me know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment