Wednesday, February 1, 2012

End of Day 1...

I enjoyed my first day of my dress experiment. Right away, my students noticed the pin I was wearing and many asked about it. I told them I would explain in a few minutes.

I told them about why I was doing it and who I was doing it for. One of my students asked if I was going to wash my clothes, and I said I wasn't sure. I don't think they thought that was too gross. Maybe a few of them. =)

They all know already about my love of justice and seeing an end to slavery, so I don't think it was really surprising to them.

At the end of the day, one of my students thought it was cool what I was doing. She said that she wanted to do it too, but she didn't know if her mom would let her. Maybe for a week, she thought.

Another one of my students told me to tell her mom what I was doing for Joy and Bo, and I got to share a little bit with her mom.

When the other fourth grade teacher commented that she liked my dress, I told her she would be seeing it everyday for a month. She thought it was exciting, and she wants me to come in and talk to her students about what I'm doing. I'm excited about that. I want to find a good children's book that talks about slavery.

Day one down. Keep 'em rolling. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment