Saturday, July 28, 2012

Week EIGHT Highlights


Sa wa dii ka!! 

Here are some highlights from week 8!! Next Saturday will be my two month anniversary in Thailand!

On Monday night, I went to my friend Monica's house and had dinner with girls who have come to the Tamar Center. It was a great night, eating and playing spoons. At the end of the night, several of them went back to their bars to work. Continue to pray for the women in this city to learn about the hope that Jesus can give and trust in Him. 

On Tuesday, we went to the slum, but unfortunately it started to rain. It was fun to see the kids and get to play with them for a little bit. 

On Wednesday, a team from Canada came including 22 high schoolers and adults. They led the kids club in the afternoon, where the kids learned about the story of Esther and made crowns. There were a lot of kids that came, and it was fun! On Wednesday night, I got to hang out with Pu and we read Ecclesiastes 2 and 3 together. She shared her story of coming to work in Pattaya two years ago and then finding Jesus. Such a beautiful story. I am glad to know her. At the end of her story, she tells me, "I'm thankful God saved me. But it was when I was 29...why couldn't I have known about him sooner!" 

On Thursday, the men on the team started building. I went to the site in the afternoon and cheered them on in the rain with Pin and Jiap. It rained a lot on Friday, so the team just went to hand out the chicken and milk. 

On Friday, we took the Canada team to a public school and they did a program of games, songs, and testimonies. They were able to talk about God to about 150 kids at the school. Walking into the school, it was interesting to see how the kids treated the farangs (white people) like movie stars and asked for autographs at the end of the program. Pray that these kids take away something that the team said about Jesus and his love for them. On Friday afternoon, I went to the building site for the 2 houses with Pin and Jiap. They got the frames up on both of the houses and most of the roofs up. Pray for the Thai people living in the slums to be able to finish up the work. 

On Saturday, we took the older kids to the beach with the Canada team. It was a lot of fun! We sang swam, played games, sang songs, and ate papaya salad and sticky rice. I really enjoyed my time with the kids today. 

This week, I had the pleasure of running into the director of Thrive Rescue Home. She was with two of the girls who have been rescued off the streets and are now living at their home. Their names are Baan and Min and they are 11 and 12 years old. Pray for their lives, that they would find healing and come to know Jesus. 

My time in Pattaya is coming to an end. It's been an amazing experience and I am really thankful to God for all that he has allowed me to do and see. I have been blessed abundantly through my time here. This Thursday will be my last time in that slum. On Friday, Tim (my fiance) arrives in Pattaya!! (i'm just a little excited about this. =) We'll stay in Pattaya until the following Thursday. After that we'll be doing some travelling in Thailand to go scuba diving and visiting Tim's friend in Vietnam. 

Pray for me as I say goodbye to everyone in Pattaya. Pray that I communicate my love for them and Christ's love for them. 
Pray for the youth sleepover next weekend. Pray that the youth would grow in their knowledge and love for Jesus.
Pray for Tim's travels to Pattaya and for our time in Pattaya together.
Pray for our travels after we leave.

I really appreciate your prayers and support. I could not have done so well here in Thailand without them. You are a HUGE blessing to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment