Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Chiang Rai and Chiang Mai with my friend, Pin

This is the story of two girls who took a trip to Chiang Rai and Chiang Mai. 

We stayed at the house of Pin's aunt in Chiang Rai.

Here's where we ate. Sharing food with her family in a circle on the floor. I loved it. 

And sometimes we had some breakfast guests. 

Here's where Pin and I slept. 

One day, we went to a waterfall (naam dtok in Thai).

We crossed this bridge. It was my idea.

A little scary...

But we made it! 

And here's the waterfall. 

Beautiful. 

We sat there for a good 45 minutes. It was awesome. 

Here we are at Pin's favorite ice cream place. 

Pin writing down our order, since I don't write Thai yet.

This is our order form.

And here are the ice cream creations. I had green tea ice cream with sticky rice and peanuts. 
A roi = delicious

Chiang Rai is in the mountains. There are lots of rice fields. It is so green and so beautiful. 

Here are some rice famers. 

This is a boy I met on my walk. 
He told his sisters to come look at the farang who was walking by, 
so I started to talk him in Thai.

Then we went to Chiang Mai to stay with Pin's younger brother. This is Pin's nephew, Lin Ja. 

And this is Pin's niece Mo Ta Noi. She wanted to teach me how to make a turtle. 

We got to have a sleepover with her and she asked me a lot of questions in Thai.

One day, we rode around the city in the back of a truck.

We drank coffee, took silly pictures... 

And ate these delicious sunflower seeds, roasted with ginger. Yum. 


We walked around this park with lots of different kids of fruit trees.
This is a farang (white person) holding a farang (guava). =)

This is a little caterpillar. Don't worry, I didn't eat it. 

The groundskeeper gave us a whole bunch of fruit to take home. =)

All this fun tuckered out this little one.

Then we went to stay with Pin's cousins. 
Pin's cousin, Chickee made us papaya salad. =)

These kids were cute and fun! 

Little Natalie and Pang
Pin's cousin adopted Natalie. She is disabled. She was so cute and a little sassy. I liked  that. =)

Me with all the kids



We took a ride up a mountain to see the view of Chiang Mai.

Beautiful city

We didn't forget to smile on this trip.

We had fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment