Tuesday, March 6, 2012

After the project...

The first day after my dress experiment, I stared at my closet and didn't really like the feeling as I stood looking at all of my choices. I didn't like the fact that I had all of these clothes to choose from, after a month of thinking about people with few, if any choices (about what to wear and in other areas of their lives). I already started going through my closet and have gotten rid of 40 pieces of clothing. I'm still figuring out what I want to do with those clothes.

People ask me how I feel now that I am wearing the same clothes. Initially it was note a very nice feeling. I wasn't excited to wear different clothes. Well, I mean it was nice to feel a little cleaner, but having so many choices after a month of no choices felt strange. It's getting easier and more normal now, but I don't know if I want to forget that feeling. I want to be reminded of those who do not have choices...so I can pray....so it can drive me to do something more. I don't know what exactly that is yet, but I want to keep on learning. I want to keep on seeking what God has for me in the area of human trafficking. I don't want this to be the end. And I know that it won't be.

I am excited that my school is going to get involved with Pattaya Slum Ministries by helping me buy supplies to take with me when I go. Many of the people I work with have been really supportive about my passion for human trafficking and involved with PSM. My students always love when I talk about Thailand, and they have excitement about what is going on there and want to pray for what is going on there.

I am really excited to be able to go back to Pattaya in less than 3 months. I am praying for God to prepare my heart for what I will do there. I don't know what that is yet, but I am excited to learn. I'm excited to show God's love to those people. I'm excited to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment