Sunday, January 29, 2012

While I'm Waiting...

I was thinking yesterday and today about how I am so excited for my 29 days in a dress. I am excited for what I will learn (and what I learned yesterday and today). I am excited to see what God will do in my heart. I am excited to share what I am learning with others and raise awareness about the issue of human trafficking. I don't want this excitement and passion to die, and I am asking God for it to not only continue, but to grow stronger. I am reading James with some friends, and this week, I read James 1, where it talks about asking God for wisdom in the midst of trials and praying with belief that God will give it to you. I am praying with belief that God will continue to do a work in my heart and in the hearts of others about injustice.

I was listening to a song called "While I'm Waiting" by John Waller today. The lyrics say...

I will serve You while I'm waiting 
I will worship while I'm waiting 
I will serve You while I'm waiting 
I will worship while I'm waiting 
I will serve you while I'm waiting 
I will worship while I'm waiting on You, Lord

This song got me thinking about how I want to embrace what God has given me today and obediently do what he has called me to do today. I don't know if I will be in another country someday, in a career where I am able to actively combat sex slavery or some other injustice. God may call me to that, but he also may not. But today, God is giving me the opportunity to further my knowledge of injustice and help others learn more about it too. I want to embrace this gift God has given me today. 

2 days. Palpably excited. =)



1 comment:

  1. I've been through a lot with that song. Great thoughts, my friend!

    ReplyDelete